VIM Mentoring Program (VIM-MP)
“The difference between great people and everyone else is that great people create their lives actively, while everyone else is created by their lives, passively waiting to see where life takes them next. The difference between the two is the difference between living fully and just existing.” -Michael E. Gerber
VIM Mentoring Program is setup to connect ambitious African youth and young adults with rising leaders, professionals and entrepreneurs from our community.
VIM-MP provides training and mentoring opportunities for African youth and young adults who want to take a more active role in their current life interests and work towards reaching personal leadership goals with the intention of empowering their communities.
Our Bottom line
- To promote individual leadership skills.
- To provide multiple opportunities to gain and practice skills such as building confidence, taking initiatives, education planning, and career development.
VIM-MP has integrated group mentoring and peer mentoring to enable our youth receive greater positive influences from more than one individual. Mentee’s will be required to keep a journal in their portfolio throughout the course of the program to keep track of their discoveries and record the progress they make towards their goal(s).
- Participants will acknowledge that mentoring involves a shared promise between the mentor and the mentee.
- The mentee will agree to honor the mentor’s time and efforts by agreeing to active participation in the leadership plan, openly communicate with the mentor, attend workshops and complete assignments on time.
- The mentor will agree to assist the mentee in reaching their leadership goal(s) and to be in touch with the mentee 2 to 4 times a month through face to face, telephone or email contact.
Participation in workshops is voluntary and individual outcomes will be determined based on their personal involvement and leadership plans.